Monday, September 20, 2010

Our first date

Was here.

pies outsideThe House of Pies. Classy not trashy.

pies inside I could go into the long details, but I don’t think you care to hear them.  In short, it involved spontaneity, almost getting jumped, pie of course, coffee of course, me paying (he was a poor college student.  I was a sugar mama with a big girl job), and a late late night with work the next day.  And they sat us in the strip club room (formerly the smoking section completely lit with neon green lighting) which sadly no longer exists.

This place holds a dear spot in my heart.  My brothers and I have spent many a night eating pie, drinking coffee, eating Zach’s food.  As a matter of fact, in the picture below, Devin is sitting across the table.  It was MONTHS before our first date.  I look disgustballs dot com.  Zach was mad Alex and I were eating all of his food…so he stuck some toast in his pocket for safe keeping.

hop

So anyway, it’s not like we haven’t been since, but D took me there last week.  I had been begging.

pies mirror

House of guys pies is really great because you can see what your significant other would look like with other hair styles.

Exnay on the fro-ponytail…ay.

They have a rep for being out of every pie listed on the menu (I believe, on our first date, I got key lime.  WHAT THE CRAP WAS I THINKING?!  Key lime is like the worst!!!), and the waitresses are no b.s., so if you go to house of pizzies, you should follow Zach’s directions regarding what to order:

“Get the blueberry warm a la mode.

If they don’t have the blueberry warm warm a la mode,

get cherry warm a la mode.

If they don’t have cherry warm a la mode,

get pecan.

If they don’t have pecan,

get apple warm a la mode.

If they don’t have apple warm a la mode,

you should leave”.

cherry a la mode

Thank you sweet baby Moses.  They had cherry.  Oh how I love cherry pie.  In all seriousness, I feel like it doesn’t get the credit it deserves NOR is it ever baked for a holiday.  What was cherry pie made for!?  My belly.  That’s what.

mug Best coffee.  Best coffee mugs.  Want to steal one. 

D pie

Beloved.  You are never cuter than when you are eating something you love.

But seriously why in the sweet name of Bathsheba did you pick cheesecake?!

I forgive you.  Just don’t touch my pie.

Go to house of pies.  Ask for mustachio.

You’re welcome.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite HOP memory was after a night of Cory Morrow at the firehouse. We were in the VIP section of the Firehouse, which we had no clue existed until we were in it.

    Anyhoooo, an older gentleman named "cousin danny" told us there was free brewskies and away we went. We met them at HOP after the concert for late night pie.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train