Monday, June 27, 2011

Delicious goat cheese pasta....or IS it?!

Can you tell I'm rusty on thinking of quirky titles?

Sheesh.  Sorry.

Ok, so I get Real Simple magazine every month because I like to:
a. dream about being organized
b. look at pretty things
c. drool over recipes that are WAY too hefty for me to cook.  By hefty I mean awful for me.

But!  This month's issue seems to have toned it way down, and I cooked a meal out of it almost every night last week.

This one called for a short pasta (like penne or something), basil, olive oil, goat cheese, salt and pepper. 

I'm a sucker for goat cheese.  I'm also a sucker for rice krispy treats, but that's irrelevant.


To. die. for.
And if you're a sleuth, you will notice that I didn't use a short pasta.  In fact, I didn't use pasta at all.
May I introduce you to the spaghetti squash?
Cut in half, scoop the seeds out, put in a microwave safe dish with some water in it, cover with wax paper (for steaming), cook about 10 min. in the microwave.  
When it's soft, scrape it out with a fork.  It looks and feels and tastes just like noodles.
But it's a vegetable.
I am obsessed with this cucurbita pepo.

1 comment:

  1. love the sound of this!! spag squash is seriously awesome. can't get enough :)

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train