Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First Meal in First House

We finally, by the grace of the dear Lord in the sky, made it to the grocery store.  If I had to choose a place to pick up dinner one more time, I was driving my car straight off an overpass.

First meal in our first house!  
It was pizza, friends. 
But the pride of this here pie is in the crust
because it's cauliflower.
We need to infuse as many vegetables as possible in our meals to make up for the nasty from the last few days.
Oh, and also, we're glutards.
I made up the recipe as I went and it was moderately successful in holding together, but very tasty.



Here is sort of what I put in it (sort of = I don't remember)

- Cauliflower (you have to process it down, then steam it, then wring out ALL of the water and I mean all of it)
- 1/3 c shredded cheese
- Pizza from Penzy's
- Garlic Powder

I'd recommend baking it at 450 for about 15 minutes before you make your pizza- I did mine for about 10 minutes and it wasn't very crunchy

I also made the sauce from scratch-ish (does one can count?) not because I'm hipster or want to rebel against all pre-made foods, but because I forgot to pick some up.
It's a bit difficult...
- 1 can tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- water

BOOM.  PIZZA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train