Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Road Trip: October 4, 2011


Dear Husband,

This morning, we took a walk.




And we heard it coming.  You can hear it start to roll from the station about half a mile from our apartment.






I was a dork and waived at all of the passengers.
And just like that, we marked something off of my list from 2 years ago.
We didn't ride it, but it counts.
On our long walk back, we saw someone's backyard STUFFED full of apple trees.  Their entire property had apples on the ground.
You did what anyone would have.


We ate them straight off of the tree.  Best apples I've ever tasted.


Our apartment- the 2nd door on the lower level

The rest of our day was spent waiting around for Anthony to call with your bike cage, so we went and had a long lunch.


By 4 o'clock, we had not heard from him and needed to get on the road, but he called right then to tell us Mr. King Cage had forgotten and would have it ready soon.  We could pick it up at his house.

You = kid in candy store
Me = chopped liver


This dude is serious about bike cages.
But I guess I would be too if it was how I made my living
and by living I mean make me famous.
Someone in the front window waived us around to the back and we found ourselves making our way through Ron's backyard.  It was full of bikes.  Don't get any ideas.
And we found him in here.

 I totally dig everything about this man.
You told him "I would love to have a picture with you; you're sort of famous"
to which he replied "Yeah somehow that happened"
And yet he still makes everything himself or with the help of 1-2 friends
And people pay him in beer.  Literally, he had cases and cases of Colorado's best brews
And we left with your custom cage that fits your Salsa perfectly.

And we were on the road out of Durango, and we actually had no idea where we were going.
You drove me over Wolf Creek pass, and somewhere in there told me to shut up so you could drive followed with "Don't tell your mom we did this".
We couldn't see 10 feet in front of us, and it was snowing.  Lots of snow.  Lots of fog.
IT WAS SO GREAT!

And we found ourselves stopping in Salida, CO at a bed and breakfast that had one vacancy...we had no idea how awesome it would be in the morning.



1 comment:

Hop on the love train