Friday, December 16, 2011

Road Trip: October 5, 2011

Dear Husband,

This morning we woke up in a cabin-like room filled with western memorabilia.  At this point, we actually have no clue what this place looks like outside, or really where we are other than what the map told us.  We stumbled downstairs for breakfast and found 2 large wooden tables in the middle of a massive kitchen.  The kitchen connected to a cozy living room with the most beautiful leather furniture and glass doors that looked out over the mountains with nothing in-between.  I was still sort of rubbing my eyes and trying not to gawk at the view with my jaw open when my breakfast was put in front of me and sweet Gina asked how I would like my coffee.

Breakfast: eggs, tomato, and a yogurt parfait.  THE best parfait I've ever had.  A goat-milk yogurt parfait.  And it all comes from her backyard.


We chatted with a couple at the breakfast table who were from, what do you know, Austin, TX, and just in town to finalize buying their 2nd house there.  They used to live in Houston but decided they didn't want to raise their kids in a mosquito swamp.

After breakfast, everyone left except us and Gina asked if we wanted to help her feed to goats.
Duhsuperduh.






Gina moved from Seattle to Colorado because she was craving sunshine.
She just up and bought the bed and breakfast- she has actually never been to one before, and she and her man live on the first of 3 floors.
She taught herself how to make goat cheese, yogurt, the works, and she teaches classes in town.
She has chickens, dogs, and a llama who wants nothing to do with anyone.  He came with the place when she bought it.
She has the far out heart of a hippie, like me.
I want to be her.

When we left the B&B, we made our way up to the Oskar Blues brewery for a little rendezvous with THE CHAD HAGA!





No one warned me about the altitude.
And that was that.

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to write a post titled, "The other side of the story".... In fact, a lot of it may be new information to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train