Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things I Bought that I Love and Places I Love to Go

It doesn’t take much to make me happy.  I am a pretty simple girl, I think, and Devin knows what gets excitement out of me.  Hmm…

Anyway!  I had been a prisoner to a migraine that chained me to the bed all day on Tuesday.  It was miserable.  I despise Migraines and if they are Eve’s fault, she better sleep with one eye open in heaven.

When Devin got home, he suggested we do 2 of my favorite things in the world. 

Favorite Thing #1 slash thing I [ahem Devin] bought that I love:  Swirll Frozen Yogurt.

Swirll 

I didn’t even have time to get a picture of our yogurt covered in everything glorious that could be mixed in…we ate it way too fast.  Why do I love Swirll so much?  The yogurt is fat free and has very very little sugar in it.  It is delicious!  I got plain (it has a sour taste to it that I am drawn to) and Devin got cake batter.  The toppings are endless…fresh fruit, granola, cheesecake bites, almonds, fruity pebbles!, gummy worms, Butterfinger, Twix, marshmallows, sunflower seeds!  A million potential combinations.  I got my usual- fresh fruit (usually kiwi because I don’t get to eat it often-mostly because I buy it and it goes bad way too quickly), granola, almonds…and then I got some Butterfinger because I am a girl and I wanted it and I don’t need to justify that!  Devin got…I haven’t a clue, but it must have been good since he hoovered it.

Swirll: priced by the weight. Only in Texas. God bless you, Texas.

Places I go that I love:

Half-Priced Books…or any bookstore

Half-Priced Books is next door to Swirll.  A deadly combination.  I love to buy books…absolutely love it…but I hate to pay full price for them.  Not because I am a tightwad or don’t support a massive chain bookstore, but because without a doubt, I can find that book you’re looking for, for cheaper.  It’s like a game.  So, I love Half-Priced Books.  [Side note: I don’t sell my books to them because they don’t give you jack for them.  See the Book mooch link on the left: it’s gold.]  So, we wandered around HPB for a while, petting some dogs (what?!) and flipping through some pages.  We found some DVD’s we wanted for $3.00 each (hello!) and then…I found this…it was a miracle and I never ever thought I would see it…

Devin readingI found my husband reading. 

Someone alert the friggin’ media!  Hell has frozen over!  Ok, so it was a cycling book, but it counts.  It has words and sentences and pages and minimal pictures.  It. counts.  I was so proud…but, my head was killing me, so I wasn’t really in the normal bookstore wandering, coffee drinking, I could live here if you’d let me mode.

Moving on to more things We/I have bought that I love…

I don’t even need to say any words.  Just look at these pictures and feel your muscles relax as you stare at me in my haven.

temp 1 Worst picture ever?  Yes.  Best purchase ever?  Yes.

Y’all, for the last 4 nights, I have slept like a cute, chubby, 3 month old baby.  It has been the most amazing 4 nights of my life and this is why:

1.  I no longer wake up to what I believe is Devin wrestling someone in his sleep.

2. I am no longer launched almost off of the bed by Devin’s movement

3. I no longer suffer from elbows/fists to the eye/face/head/stomach/arm/leg

4. I no longer yearn for sleep around 8pm…because I am getting more than 2 hours of sleep at night!

5. I no longer wake up to what I think is Devin dancing the rumba, and while I’m on this, I’d like to know who the girl is he’s dancing with!

6. I am no longer startled/shocked by the weight of a cyclist’s leg thrown upon my body that I first think is possibly the tree outside our apartment that has fallen in.

This bed is from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train