Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Tuesday Ride.

Last night I planned a fun and out of the ordinary dinner for us. We have been married 4 months. 4 months seems silly to celebrate, but I had reasons for it to mean something more to me, so I wanted to celebrate by doing what Devin loves to do.

We rode our bikes about 5 miles out to Eleanor Tinsley Park. It ended up not being Eleanor Tinsley Park, or something...basically, we didn't know which park we were at- totally not my intention.
It was beautiful; great weather, great view, perfect company.
There wasn't a single soul out there but us.

Modes of transportation

bikes

The food and drink

the food

the drink


The view…

sitting 2

sitting 1

Our dinner guests

Ducks

And then we got kicked out of the park. We moved to a new spot down the road a ways. We sat down and saw our view, and we weren’t even mad about getting kicked out anymore.

2nd view

view 2

Then we rode the 5 miles home. Yes, in the dark, mom. Devin takes care of me, don’t worry. For the most part, it was a really pleasant evening. I always like to ride with Devin- I know he loves it, even though I don’t go nearly as fast as he would probably like to. But, I love to be included in something he loves, and I love the look he gets when I say, “I have a surprise; get your bike”.

So, despite me not knowing exactly where the park was, or not thinking to check the park hours, or other things that I did to put a damper on it, I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train