Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our weekend was a wreck (pun intended) for the most part...

Happy late Memorial Day!! I hope everyone had a rowdy good time cooking out, relaxing, and enjoying the day off. A shout out to all of our friends who are serving our country. We're always praying for you, and we appreciate you tremendously.

Our weekend started out a little rough when I was rear-ended on Friday morning on the way to work. The other lady and I are okay, but my poor little car suffered some damage to her back side.



The other lady's car, however, was jacked up. As one of the Doctors at Methodist said, "THIS IS WHY WE DRIVE VOLVOS, PEOPLE!" (Quick side note: If I were a doctor, I probably would not be driving a Volvo. I mean, I love her as much as a person can love a material thing without being too attached (but not as much as my bike) but...just sayin'...)

So anyway, everything was ok, and we spent Friday night at the Astros/Rangers game with Zach and Lu. Somehow I walked away from that without one single picture.

Saturday we went to Matt and Kath's wedding in College Station (Whoop! A-A-A-A!). Devin looked splendid in his tuxedo. Let me stop here and tell you about this tux. The bride sent out tux information about 2 weeks before the wedding, so Devin didn't have a whole lot of time to get measured and try on and pick up and try on again and remeasure and all of that hubbub, so at the what-seemed-to-be-wise advice of his beautiful and knowledgeable wife (what!?), he asked them to use the measurements from Dan and Callie's wedding a month ago. Done and done, right?! Wrong, you guys. As we were leaving the house, and I do not exaggerate, Devin tried the pants on for the first time. Have you met my handsome husband? Have you stood next to him, perhaps? He is not 6'0. However, his pants were made for a man who would tower over me. Or they were made for Hugel...


Anyway, don't you worry folks, super wife to the rescue straight up hemmed his pants in the car with hemming tape. WHAT? WHAT!?! When we pulled into the parking lot and he put his cummerbund on, it was still way too big. Props to Carlos for switching with him.

Men's Wearhouse at their finest. Can you tell he's stoked?

But! The wedding was wonderful, and we had a lot of fun spending time with friends that we hardly get to see.

Look at this group of hot breakfast brides...I can only assume that since we all married cyclists, we all have the bike room issue.


We also spent some time just adoring each other...


On our way home from the wedding, we stopped at a Farmer's Market, which is one of my favorite things to do.




Can you believe all of these phenomenal pictures I'm showing you?! It only gets better, my friends...

Sunday morning, I spent some quality time in the ER at Methodist since my back had just gotten worse from the accident on Friday. My sweet husband cleaned our whole apartment while I was gone (side note: Devin has met his time in the ER with me requirement due to a little thing we call knife to finger accident in April).

When I got home, I debated and debated and decided I would suffer the uncomfortable ride up to the lake house for a reason that is 3 fold:
  1. I love boats
  2. I love lakes
  3. I'll be darned if my husband is going to go play on a lake (which I love) in a boat (which I love) without me.

So, being the trooper I am, I braced myself for a long car ride. Oh, but wait, did you not remember that when the Carrolls have misfortune, they do it big?! Did you forget that? We got rear-ended...again...in Devin's car...on Sunday. Lord love a duck, what are the odds?

(Picture soon to come)

We can only conclude that the good Lord wants us to get new cars. My dad concludes that our rears are too big. Gong. Dad joke.

We had a blast at the lake with Mike and Patty. It was absolutely beautiful out at Lake Livingston and we look forward to getting some use out of that there boat.


Is that Jay-Z and Beyonce?! No guys, calm down, it's just us.

Good night, nurse! My hair looks so red! Allie would say this is a good thing. Jen would say I have a temper.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your wife hemming skills. Also with your food photography skills. The citrus picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train