Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's been a crazy ride the last week or so around here.

We had an awesome time in Austin despite the nasty weather
and the National Lampoon's sequence of events in our trip :)

And Sunday morning we woke up to news we didn't want
Another sweet friend has passed at the bright age of 24.

He is so missed.

In our Bible study this week we talked about being thankful.
Be thankful in all circumstances...even the death of a friend.

I am thankful that he is not captive anymore.
I am thankful that our God is bigger than life and death and grief and sin
I am thankful that because of his passing, I will get to see, hug, love on, hold the hands of his family and my friends who I have not been able to see in way, way too long.
I am thankful for the friendships that we can leave and pick back up in times like this.
I am thankful for the life I have. 
For being alive today. 
For the changes in my desperately-in-need-of-changing life that led me out of a life of darkness
I am thankful that He hears me crying
that he cares when I hurt
that He loves me.

And in the same days of sadness, God has surprisingly blessed us more than we ever thought He would.
We underestimated Him.
And he gave us answers to prayers we have been praying for months
feelings of security
answers to our questions about our life right now
a recharge
a new direction in our lives
and we are thankful.

He gives and He takes away.

2 comments:

  1. i am so very sorry. 24 is so young. sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you your friend, Beautiful post and Amen, Amen, and Amen. God is SO great; in all things.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train