Thursday, August 22, 2013

Enchilada, hold the hydrolyzed soy because I don't know what that is.

The mister requested enchiladas the other night and, per my enchilada recipe, I found myself in the Hispanic food aisle of the grocery store staring at the ingredients of all of the different sauces available, and THAT is when I realized something life changing. 

I could just make it.

So I did...

And Devin said it was the best enchilada he's had...

So I thought I'd share the sauce I made!

In a food processor combine:
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- 1/2 can organic diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- about 1/3 cup water (more if you like runnier sauce- Devin preferred it thicker)
- 1 hatch green chile

Blend!

I made a batch for the mixture in the enchiladas and a separate batch to pour on top. 


Cheers to knowing what's in your food!

(Note: delicious and nutritious dinner: half enchilada served on bed of spinach with onion and avocado.  Use salsa as a dressing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train