Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sub 100 temperatures: I missed you, Fall.

Tax Free Weekend, Back to School, Football Preseason...Fall is here, friends, and even though Austin, Texas is repping the Summer weather, I. Am. Ready.

I always am, but for the 18 years that I have lived South of the Dee Eff Dub, I have consistently been shocked that it's still so dadgum hot.

And so, to prepare for the cold fronts I am manifesting, I have done the following.

I traversed over to the Mecca only to stumble upon a new Austin transplant named Hannah who dressed me head to toe in endless outfits that I could never in my wildest imagination come up with.  I think I'm stylish when I wear more than one bracelet.  I walked out with this dress of which Devin said I looked like the church organ player from his Baptist childhood memories.  I returned it, but these I shalt not return. 


They are gorgeous and I can only assume Dr. Scholls' hip, trendy, great niece created the innards because I swear I could Prancercise in these blister free.

Secondly, I bought this.


Because I'll be able to wear it in 6 months for a good, solid 2-3 weeks.  Reasonable.

I think it's fair to say I'm drooling over all sorts of things for my kitchen...because if you gave me $1000 to spend, I would probably spend $950 on my kitchen, $12.95 on a new bone for Bird, and the rest on clothes.  I'm loving the plums and mustards that Sur la table has out, and I want every ghost and leaf and pumpkin cookie cutter ever made.  I decided to welcome Fall into my home yesterday with a little gluten free baking sesh- Pumpkin Apple Muffins in some super cute and unique papers from some expensive baking supply store Marshalls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train