Tuesday, January 28, 2014

March 2 is coming fast y'all.

The Oscars.  You knew that.

2 things I love about this fiasco:

1.  The movies

2.  Ellen Degeneres hosting

In the next 30 days, I plan to see every film nominated for best picture.  Here are the sneaks of all of them.

12 Years a Slave

 

Lots of Golden Globes hype about this one.  Super moving.  A true story which always gets me.  And any time Brad Pitt has long hair in a movie (exhibit A) you know it's going to get real.

American Hustle
 

Can we talk for 5 seconds about how Amy Adams went from this to American Hustle?!  Girl is killing it.  She also stars in one of my top 3 favorite movies of all time of which I will not be made fun of because any movie starring Meryl Streep is immune from heckling.  All this said, this one looks like it may be a bit raunchy for me.

Captain Phillips


Tom Hanks.  True story.  He's still a babe.  Done deal.

Dallas Buyers Club


Mr. McConaughey, you have come a long way from How to Lose a Guy in 10 days (and also reverted a bit back to Dazed and Confused which is fine).  Happy to see you in 2 films nominated for best picture.  Now please go gain some weight.

Gravity


I have a hard time getting into space movies (except for Apollo 13...and then I can't think of any other space movies, so maybe this isn't the case), but am willing to give this one a chance.  Mr. Clooney and Sandra for a little space chemistry maybe?! 

Her


Joaquin, I am so happy to see your rapping career come to an end.  
The trailer breaks my heart.  And again...Amy Adams!

Nebraska


I loved Sideways.  No one else did.  I think I'll like this one but will have to venture out of my normal theater to see it.

Philomena


True story.  The accents.  Her humor.  I'm in.

The Wolf of Wallstreet


Leo has a knack for playing a rich guy conning his way around the FBI.  
There's not a movie he's been in that I haven't loved.
Not one.
Except maybe that island movie.


Some other big ones you don't want to miss:



August Osage County - Someone tell me how...HOW?!?!?!  Is this not nominated for every award from here to kingdom come.  The cast.  This is an outrage. 

The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life - I ordered my copy of this for $7 to support the film making about 5 years ago...then changed my address so many times, I hope it floated into someone's mailbox who really needed it.  

Blue Jasmine of course- Woody did it again and Cate Blanchett nailed it

1 comment:

  1. What about Armageddon for another space movie... I mean what? I didn't cry like a babe when i saw that in middle school (or last week).

    In all seriousness I need to go and see a lot of these still!! Alas, time will make a fool of me yet :)

    xx
    s

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train