Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bless Your Cotton Socks...

That is what they say in Australia when you sneeze (shout out- Chloe!). Ever since we got married, every morning, Devin wakes up sneezing uncontrollably. I have read and researched and done trial and error and, still, he wakes up having a sinus cavity freak out. From all of my reading, I am about 99% sure that the culprit, or culprits, are a whole bunch of these guys.


Sick, right?! As if the gnat problem wasn't enough, now we are dealing with these hairy, microscopic nasties.  I bought dust mite spray that I sprayed on the mattress and vacuumed, an air filter in case it was just the dust, and yesterday a cover for his pillow that is supposed to keep the mites from crawling all over his face.  Sick.  So, today I will go get a full out mattress allergy cover that will most likely sound like the mattress of the weird kid in 5th grade who was still wetting the bed at night.  No offense if that was you.  I have a feeling the mattress cover will keep Devin awake as well.  Other than constantly dusting and vacuuming, anyone have any ideas?  Anyone want to buy us a new bed to see if that works??  No?  Cool.

P.S. I dont think allergy meds are an option…he doesn’t like to take medicine.

2 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say I rarely wake up and do that anymore....just ask Dev, it used to be a ritual.

    I accredit it to living in a smog free city and not in the leading polluter in the world.

    Also I have one of those neat asthma friendly pillows, WITH an allergen cover....it's the perfect combo.

    So basically, I recommend moving to San Marcos and working at the hospital here and Dev can work in Austin...problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember hearing him sneeze at the lake house this weekend, at least not in the morning over and over.......
    must be something in the apt. At least we know it isn't his sweet wife:)
    pc

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train