Thursday, July 9, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish…

one-fish-two-fish-red-fish-blue-fish

Red fish, Blue fish! I wasn’t going to finish that, but that Dr. Seuss gets me every time with his rhyming.

We spent the 4th of July weekend at Devin’s parents’ lake house.

house

view

It was a really great place for us to get to relax, eat, hang out with Amy and Ricky and Devin’s parents, and play in the water. Devin drove me on the jet ski all the way over to my friend Karen’s lake house where she served us some delectable margaritas. It was really really great of him to take me over there given that fact that the waves were so miserably choppy. We could have easily driven over there, now that I think about it…

jetski

On the night of the 4th, all of the neighbors in the Carrolls’ little cove shot off fireworks. It was so great to sit on the dock and watch them; no driving and parking somewhere to watch, and the fireworks lasted forever. It was ideal. At this point are you wondering what the 1 fish, 2 fish thing is all about? I’ll get there.

Side story: Devin’s dad lit a Roman candle and it fell over and ended up being aimed right at Devin. Mowgli jumped right over that ball of fire as it shot out of the cardboard tube and flew into a boat house 3 doors down. That’s my boy. Also, this is the second year in a row Mike has done this. Someone stop this man from buying fireworks.

While we watched the homemade show and took turns shooting our own, we dropped some lines in the water to catch some massive human eating fish. Or, in Devin’s case, a 2 inch baby fish. Little did they know, I had been trained by the great Sherill Ann Ritter in the art of casting, hooking, and reeling. I threw my line in and bam! Bam! Bam! Every time! The fish just came to me…I could have reached in and grabbed them with my left hand (it’s my not-so-coordinated hand)!

fishing This is us fishing right before Devin’s dad tried to take his legs off with the Roman Candle.

2 fish This is me with my second fish. I think I caught 5 total. It reminds me of the time I won a fishing trophy at Kingwood Country Club.

Devin actually doesn’t like to fish that much. I really like it. But, he told me he doesn’t have the patience for it. Also, as soon as he caught his one decent sized fish, he said, and I quote, “Ok, I’m done fishing”. I love him even if (no, because) he is my total opposite.

*Thanks to Patty for the pictures*

2 comments:

  1. love your wit! thanks for the smiles and laughs! We had a great time sharing the weekend with all of the kids:)

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train