Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I feel like a blog mom.
I am in my pajamas
with my coffee
and our place is a disaster
and I am blogging.
blog mom I am.
sans the children.

This is my first full day off in about 2 months and I finally have time to do things I need to do.  Like spend some time with God.  Like pick up the dry cleaning that has been there for at least a month.  Like clean said disastrous apartment.  Like bake scones for the first time.  Anyone have any advice?  I don't know the first thing about making scones.  Should make for a good "fail" blog post!!

What have you been up to?

We will be opening our new store this Friday and I will finally have some sort of normal schedule.  I am loving my new job.  I AM LOVING MY NEW JOB!!!

And I think today I will re-visit my list of 28 things to do before I'm 28 and cross a few off.  Like new job.

4 comments:

  1. enjoy your day! i am sad i'll miss opening day, but want to come get a personal tour soon. i saw lululemon on the news last saturday. exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy you're happy!! yay for new job and yay for being a blog mom...my dream job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and excited about the new store opening! Next time I am in Houston you KNOW I will be making an appearance there. Enjoy your busy day "off".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be too late to help with scones you probably baked today, but if they turned out to be less than optimal, here's some tips:

    Scone dough is not designed to be worked much after you add your liquid ingredients. Only handle the dough enough to get it to stick together. Mix the egg and millk together and pour it into a "well" in the center of the dry ingredients. Slowly stir in ever-widening circles until the flour is all incorprated, then stop stirring! Gather the moist dough with your hands and press together. It should stick together. Pat it out and cut into eight or so wedges. Done!

    Reserve a little of your egg/milk mixture to brush onto the tops of the scones before your bake them- this gives them a glowing, golden finish. Spinkle them with a little sugar if it's appropriate.

    If you are adding sticky dried fruit (apricots, raisins, cherries, etc) use one tablespoon of the four from the recipe to toss with the fruit before you add it. This will help cut the fruit's stickiness, plus it will help evenly distribute the fruit throughout the dough.

    Thinner dough = crisper scones; thicker dough = moister scones.

    Happy baking. Scones rock!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train