Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Flex your mussels.

Last night, I made mussels marinara.

I have never cooked mussels in my life.

But I do love to eat them.

And now I love to cook them- this took all of 12 minutes.

mussels in bowl_picnik

These are a fantastic source of protein and are very low in fat.  The aroma from this meal was un.bel.ievable.  I couldn’t stop taking big whiffs over my bowl of steaming, laughing mussels.  Don’t they look like they’re laughing?  Or maybe screaming.

muss 2

So- 2 lbs. mussels (we bought 3 and it was too many for 2 people, so keep that in mind), 1 cup onion chopped, 5 cloves garlic minced, 1 28oz. can diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup white wine, parsley, oregano

Saute the onions and garlic until translucent, add tomatoes with juice, wine, parsley, oregano, cook 3-4 minutes, add mussels (washed and make sure you remove any cracked or open ones), cook about 7 minutes or until they are all open.

empty

1 comment:

Hop on the love train