Friday, September 17, 2010

If you can name 4 shows that were on TGIF, you win a high five.

I had this great post planned about how Devin and I went on our first date again last night, sort of, complete with iPhone pictures that were naturally a little blurry but that’s ok because the blur takes away the harshness of the neon trim around the place just a little (yeah.) but then I walked into work where I don’t have cell service and forgot to send the pictures to myself first therefore I don’t have them, so there goes that post for today.

So there’s that.

Maybe next week.

In the mean time, I guess I will fill your minds with anything random going on.

1.  Today someone asked me what I love most about fall.  Fall, for Houston citizens, is about a 10 day period, if that.  But don’t worry, it’s 94 outside and a gazill percent humidity and I wore a scarf today.  Scarves.  What I love most about fall is: scarves.  I could be featured on scarf hoarders.  Gong.

2.  I do not get fashion.  Like this.  Someone explain.

3.  I need a good dip recipe to take to a BBQ with some chips.  PS I need to make it for tomorrow, so, like…

4.  What are you reading?  Everything I pick up lately leaves me snoozing.

5.  What are you going to be for Halloween?  I think the most popular costumes this year will be Jersey Shore.  I will probably be Mike the Situation because our abs are identical.

6.  For the runners- favorite bar and/or gelish substance.  As in clif, luna, powerbar, etc etc.  I like to try new ones.  Also, favorite socks because all of mine are bunk except two that I save for my long runs.

7.  Who is your favorite Muppet?

8.  Things I see at work that you most likely do not see at work (I really feel as though this could be a set of 10 posts in itself): When leaving the other day, there was a man sitting on the edge of his wheelchair at the door of my place of employment and he was peeing all over the sidewalk.  No one was alarmed.

Happy Weekend, party people.

3 comments:

  1. 1. I wish I thought I looked awesome in scarves. I always end up feeling like they're swallowing my neck up.

    2. I feel ya.

    3. Two Bean Pesto Dip

    makes about 1 1/2 cups

    1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
    1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans
    1/4 cup pesto
    1/3 and a smidge more cup olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    In a food processor, combine beans and process. Stream in olive oil slowly until desired consistency is reached. Add salt, pepper and garlic and continue to blend.
    Add to a bowl and layer with pesto. You can also just mix directly with pesto.

    Serve with pita or tortilla chips.
    (not my recipe just can't remember where it came from)

    4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak...really good.

    5. Last year my friends and I went as Jem and the Holograms...not sure what the plan is for this year.

    6. Larabar...chocolate chip cookie dough. Or brownie batter with chocolate chips. I hate gels. They make me want to vomit more than not having calories makes me want to vomit while running. Jelly beans are also fun but they get sticky in my pocket.

    7. Kermit-The fact that he loves Miss Piggy despite the fact that she's...well...a Piggy is endearing.

    8. Things I see at work: pastors suing pastors. Over money. Things that make you go...hmmmm???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willie and I got Step By Step and Family Matters. Full House was on for a while, right?

    1. I love wearing blazers again for fall. And breaking out clothing with sequins on them.

    2.I don't get cropped tops.

    3. Dip suggestions were scared via email

    4. I need to read a book

    5. I hate Halloween.

    6. Clif Bar or Luna Bar- White Chocolate Macademia Nut. Plain Gus. Feetures socks.

    7. Statler and Waldorf- the two old men who hate everything

    8. The fact that people are drinking at work on any given day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before ABC experienced its 1990s fame on Friday nights, its Friday night schedule consisted of hit comedies such as Webster, Diff'rent Strokes, and Benson. The block of predominantly family-friendly situation comedies was inaugurated with the following sequence of shows in the 1988-89 season: Perfect Strangers, Full House, Mr. Belvedere and Just the Ten of Us. The first hosts were Larry Appleton (Mark Linn-Baker) and Balki Bartokomous (Bronson Pinchot), who had been doing interstitials since the 1987-88 season on the Perfect Strangers set commenting on other Friday night shows, before the family-friendly concept on that night took effect. An opening sequence for the Friday lineup was introduced in fall 1988, featuring animated mice against a gray background holding up title cards containing the theme lyrics. At the end of the intro, a tall mouse breaks a grandfather clock with a mallet. Pinchot and Linn-Baker would remain the sole hosts of the lineup throughout the 1988-89 season and into the first few weeks of the next season. Over the summer of 1989, ABC began experimenting with names for the Friday lineup, using "The Friday Fun Club" as a frequent branding during that time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGIF_(ABC)

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train