Thursday, September 9, 2010

Latin Baked Chicken

Per requests from yesterday’s post, here is the recipe for the Latin Baked Chicken from Cooking Light circa 1989.  Don’t quote me on that date.  I think it may have been more like 2007 but the magazine looks like it’s been through 21 years.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  If your oven is anything like our apartment botch-deluxe of an oven, this will take 7 hours.

Mix 3 Tbs soy sauce, 2 Tbs honey, 2 Tbs minced Chili in Adobe Sauce, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice in a large bowl.

Place 8 chicken thighs (with bone, skinned) in bowl and toss to coat.

side note: our grocery store does not sell chicken thighs with the bone unless you want to buy 400 thighs.  I bought them without the bone and it worked.  Also, I did not make 8, though I think DC would have preferred it

Marinate for at least 10 minutes.

Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, reserving the marinade, and cook chicken for 15 minutes.

Place the rest of the marinade in a blender and puree.  Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.  Brush chicken with half of this mixture, cook another 10 minutes, then brush again and cook 10 more minutes. 

side note: I skipped this entire step.  I was trying to Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism while doing this and couldn't stop to make a dadgum puree.  I just brushed on the marinade as it was.  So many of you are shaking your heads at me.

I would have taken a picture, but Devin ate it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train