Monday, September 6, 2010

What a crock.

I need you to tell me about your crock.

We have this one and we use it at least once a week (more in the winter...like every day...like I had to buy a new slow cooker cook book this weekend because we've made all of them in our first book) and we love it...

3992413760047P

The only thing is that if we want to cook something for only 6 hours while we're at work, it turns on the "keep warm" setting, which actually means "overcook your dinner" setting. We have resorted to one of us drawing the short straw and having to come home at lunch to turn the crock pot on. That sort of defeats the convenience of it, doesn't it??

So this weekend we dreamt up what we really want: a crock pot that we can program like our coffee maker. We can set the clock on it and program to start at, for example, 10:00 am so it will be ready when we walk in the door, and not burnt.

Turns out they don't make these.

Tell me about your crock pot and why you love/hate/both it.

5 comments:

  1. What you need is an outlet timer, like the ones you would use for a lamp when you go vacationing. We use one and it seems to work well.

    But your idea of an all in one is way better

    I was just sayin' though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I had EXACTLY the same complaint yesterday. We have farewell (going to Afghanistan) party tonight for two guys in my office and was going to bring crock pot baked beans but I couldn't figure out how to do it since they need six hours and I need to work. Grrr. A timer would be brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a delay start crocker- http://www.homevillage.us/ar6diststovs.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. love salsa chicken. just put chicken in with salsa...yummy over rice

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train