Friday, September 18, 2009

Mama Mia Jumbo Shell…a

I recently discovered jumbo shells. I saw a recipe for them on Meg Duerksen’s blog, and they looked so fun. My mom is probably reading this like, “How do you just now know about them?”

I just sort of skimmed Meg’s recipe and decided I could improvise. I was right. How do I know? Devin got a second helping.

WIFE POINTS!

(I am by no means a food photographer nor a chef nor have I set up our camera to the computer, so, alas, you get iPhone pictures)

I boiled the pasta as directed. Don’t they look like cute little cartoon clams?! No? Ok…

boiling

Then, I just mixed things I had: fat free cottage cheese, fat free grated mozzarella cheese, sprinkle of parmesan, and a thawed and drained block of spinach. Just stir it up and spoon it in…

stuffed best

stuffed

Do those look so good or no good? SO. GOOD.

Then, just pour a jar of spaghetti sauce on top, and sprinkle with cheese…

VOILA!

sauced cheesed

I baked mine at 350 for about 30 minutes but that is because I have a ghetto apartment oven and you never know what it will do. I think you can do it for about 20 minutes normally.

Devin told me I am a really good Italian cook. I felt like that was God telling us to move to Italy and buy a scooter, but I doubt Devin feels as led.

Arrivederci!

1 comment:

  1. Steph, that looks sooooo good! I'm very impressed with your ingenuity.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train