Monday, September 21, 2009

The Secret Life of Bees: Review

I love to read. I love to read so much that sometimes I have to hide from Devin so I can get a few pages in to get my fix. It's an addiction that I am not willing to find a 12 step program for.

I just finished The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd this weekend.


I'm not one to give a lengthy review about the books I read, but, in short, it was one of those simple, weird like "who thinks of these things" weird, slightly educational reads. I recommend it for anyone who has just read something very heavy and wants a break. I don't remember much language, but there are a couple graphic (I guess that depends on your imagination) and violent parts. Nothing too draining though.

If you're looking for something else to read, check out the 2 links on the left under the Nerds tab. Both sites have recommendation sections, or you can browse.

What are you reading these days?

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this book. It was cute and refreshing. The movie wasn't too shabby, either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book on my wishlist, and I definitely hope to read it soon! I love to read too, and can't stand not having a book around to sneak in a few pages here or there. I just finished reading Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon, and it was amazing! (and over 600 pages long) I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something new to read. (There's a review of it on my blog). Can't wait to check out the links you mentioned in your side bar!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train