Friday, February 25, 2011

Red Velvet Whoopie Pie FAIL

My man requested these for his birthday, but then 94 people baked us something that week, so I waited. 


 Uh, I am SO glad I didn't present these to him for his birthday.


It's less like a red velvet and more like a cow pie.  With delicious icing.  That you can't get to because you don't want to taste the cow pie.


So I emailed the author of Baked, Matt Lewis, asking why they taste like chalk.  When he wrote back saying he couldn't figure it out and this was one of the favorite recipes, I threw them all against the wall.
Not really.

1 comment:

  1. uhhh...at least they look amazing! Too bad they didn't taste that way :( I probably would have forced them down anyway just to prove a point to myself.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train