Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Barbed Rose CONTINUED!!!

I got really excited on the end of that title there.
Awkward.

The other day, Devin went for a bike ride (which typically equates to being gone for at least 4 hours) and came home with a delightful surprise!  He had planned an afternoon / evening of fun!  
I use exclamation here because 
a. this is rare (see a.1.)
a.1. not rare because he doesnt care to take me out (see b
b. we did not have to take 45 minutes to decide where to eat.

BECAUSE!

First stop was, yes, The Barbed Rose.

Remember when we went to cooking class and saw the head chef make bread salad and a $200 steak that we got a cubed inch of?!

That Barbed Rose.  Only we didn't go to the fancy dining room.  
Why am I not upset that we didn't go to the fancy dining room on said date that said husband planned for me?

Because this man knows the key to my heart.

And that would be a burger barn.

By the time we got to the delightful town of Alvin, Texas, the lunch rush had come and gone and we were seated on a small shaded deck that we had all to ourselves.

almost.

I'm positive he loved that I took his picture.



This place makes every single thing from scratch.  
Ketchup, buns, pickles...everything.
And you can taste it.
So you can probably imagine how incredible this was...


If you look closely, you can see the mustard seeds.
BECAUSE THEY MAKE THEIR OWN MUSTARD!!


If you look closely here, you can see how I have acquired eleventy billion freckles this summer.
 I think this is right after I shouted SWEET BABY MOSES

Swiss. 
Avocado.
Jalapenos.
Mustard.
Roll.

Don't judge me.

Judge Devin...

That is in fact goat cheese with bacon my friends.

So we stuffed ourselves and I must say, this burger made the top 3 in my frigginridiculouslygood burger list.
And I have had a lot of burgers.
No, like, you don't understand.
I eat a LOT of burgers.
Top 3 right here.

If you are in the Alvin neighborhood, stop by.  


It's worth the trip especially if you're on your way to Galveston.
Which we were.
Stuff our faces, put on a bathing suit.
Ideal.

And one last thing!  Devin and I are in a little contest.  
If you could vote for us, we would love that!  
Go here, like their page and then you can like our picture for some votes!  
You can also go to the blog post here and comment with our names for a vote!
Preesh.

1 comment:

  1. holy yum!! i love a good burger. adding this one to the list.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train