Monday, July 11, 2011

My Half Orange

There's a new duo up to all things good in the photography world at Half Orange Photography.  I dig their style, their effects, their perfect touch so much.  So much.

In Spanish culture, the term for soul mate is la media naranja which means half orange.

And the beauties at Half Orange Photography had a little contest last week- write about why your half orange inspires you to live a fuller life.

So I wrote this about my half orange:

My half orange is my missing piece.
He tells me I can do things I confidently know I cannot do.
He believes that God will use me in humongous ways if I will let Him, and he wants to come along for that ride.
He teaches me something new everyday.
He leads me the way I need to be lead.
He laughs at my jokes, which was, like, #1 on my man requirements.
He asks me how he can love me more, better, deeper.
He sees what I don't see in myself and dares me to dream bigger and bigger and bigger.
He gives the best hugs.
He pushes me in ways I need to be pushed and has changed me in every way I needed to be changed.
And he is a divine blessing that I will get on my knees and thank the sweet Lord for every day for the rest of my life.


It was nice to write about him again.  I haven't written him a letter on here in so long!!

So low and behold, mine was picked as a finalist!


Will you vote for us????


If we win, we get a photo shoot in, of all places, Austin friggin Texas.
We got married in Austin friggin Texas.
And you should know that I am desperate for some amazing photos of us.


Votes count until Thursday and there are tons of ways to vote.  


Check out the contest here.


You will need to like their page first, then you can vote.  NBD.


Got it?


Thank you. 


Now go squeeze your half orange.

1 comment:

Hop on the love train