Friday, August 5, 2011

If you can avoid it for the rest of your life, don't make a tart from scratch.

In an effort to move right along on one of the things on my list of 28 things to do before I'm 28, I have been a baking machine since January.  And what I have learned is that when you bake everything in a Baked cookbook, you learn all kinds of hard bakey things.

This week, I made a tart.  I made an Orange Dreamsicle tart from scratch.

Tarts are hard.

There was all kinds of gelling, freezing, cooling, cooking with beans, cooking without beans, cooling, freezing, waiting 4 hours.

This blasted tart took me all day.

But then there was this



And it was to. die. for.

5 comments:

  1. wait, i'm sorry, you make tarts from scratch?! umm, next blogger hang out: you make the tart, i'll bring the, ummm, wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. Looks. Gorgeous. Pretty and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks amazing. yes i second sam...make a tart and i'll bring wine.

    ps- am i still a blogger if I haven't blogged for a month?

    maybe next week i'll get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine and tarts. Id like to make this happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly! That tart looks amazing! Major props to you!

    I found you through Veronika's blog and got excited because you're a Houston-based blogger! I just wanted to know a few of us started a Houston Blogger group and we do monthly meetups. If you wanna check it out, here's the address: http://htownbloggerhotties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train