Friday, August 19, 2011

Shmiggity Biggity

It's Tax Free Weekend.  What are you scooping up sans tax??  I plan to shop at my own store.  New yoga mat, new bag, new run crops.
It's a sad addiction.

You guys know I have talked a billion times about As Our Own (formerly Charasia).  They pull young girls out of the red light district and educate them, love on them, teach them.  Here, watch this.  Seems like every time I hear from them, they pull at a different string on my heart, and now they have added running to the mix.  Sigh.  You can sign up for one of the races listed on their site and run for 1 of 10 girls at the home in India.  Or you can just watch their cool run video and tell someone else about it.  They are working with races all over the country, but 3 in Texas.  Will you run for her?

And speaking of running, marathon training is in full force as of next week.  6 am hill workouts.  6 am speed work outs.  6 am long runs.  Goodbye social life for the next 5 months.  Hello new friends at Kenyan Way!

Delta sent us some flight vouchers for my venting.  We're on good terms.  For now.

Have I mentioned I love my job?  Yes?  Ok well yesterday as I was scootin' around town lookin' for fun people to hire (anyone?) and meeting some fitness entrepreneurs, I hopped over to Quality Life Fitness for a little tour.  Guys...if you hate big smelly gyms, if you hate the crowds, if you want some seriously beautiful views out of massive windows while you do your thing, please please go try this place!  If you live in Houston.  Obvi.  He is the first to open a certified green gym in Houston.  If you don't know what that means, google it...it's a lot of work to have a green business.  And it was hands down the cleanest gym I've ever been in.  I'll be around in there next week!

I get to see my best friend in 6 days.  Unfortunately, I have to make the worst drive in Texas to do so.

I'm obsessed with this.  They don't have it on netflix, so we're gonna have to watch them all online.  My dear British friend, Tom, gave me one of his cookbooks to use for a bit.  I'm stoked for that.

I'm reading this.  It's a tough one to tackle, but seriously seriously good.  I hate reading long books though, because my to-read list gets super long and I just want to move on to the next book.  Like Harry Potter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hop on the love train