Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Spa: Milk + Honey

Have I ever told you I am a spa freak obsessed junkie deluxe?
If I had endless money, I would go to one daily.
Actually, I have always wanted to own one.  So that I could go daily.

If you ever want to get me a gift...spa.
If you ever want to hang out with me....let's go to a spa.

Devin got me a gift during our weekend in Austin.
SPA.


For our first anniversary, I got him a Sunday morning massage here.
He died on the table.
That. good.
So when he told me I got to go...there are no words.
Because I love spas.

Milk +Honey is a small, quaint space on Colorado in downtown Austin.  You walk in to meet the receptionist, and she will show you to your locker (the key has a honeycomb on it.  cute.), and you can put on your robe and slippers there.  Then, you head to a dim-lit relaxation room with super soft couches, orange and lemon water, a hot tea selection, mixed nuts, and other snacks to enjoy.  

The decor inside is a beautiful natural touch (I didn't feel like others could relax if I was snapping pictures of them laying in their robes) with gray walls, beige furniture, and tree stumps as end tables.  

I had a one hour massage with lavendar aromatherapy, hot towels, and a warm table.  It was spectacular. 

In the restroom after my massage, I read about their VIP program where you can earn spa points for certain things (referring friends, getting a different treatment than you normally get) that would be very very enticing for me if I lived in the Austin area.  There were showers, so I could get ready for the rest of my day with Devin, but they weren't the greatest.  I think I got the vibe that they were renovating the bathrooms based on the fact that all of the tile was off of the wall, but I never saw a sign about it, so maybe they're going for the construction look.  Pair that with the rude receptionist at the front as I was leaving, and I'll give it an 8 of 10.

If you're in the Austin area, please do yourself a great service and visit milk+honey for a little R&R.

Somehow, I then convinced my man to let me do a spa review once a month on this little bliggity blog.  I know.  So tell me, where do you go for some down time??  Where have you looked at going but aren't sure?  We have some more traveling coming up soon, so I am hoping to get some spa time in some different cities.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Milk & Honey...so relaxing, and I love that they use all organic products. If you ever want to try out another one in Austin, Lake Austin Spa is amazing and so beautiful out there!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train