Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cue that one song from Chariots of Fire.

Today is the day.

shoes

Today, D and I register for the Houston Marathon.

Then we cross our fingers and duck tape them that way until August when we find out if we get to run it or not.

It’s a lottery this year.

We want to run it so badly.

If you think about it today, shoot up a prayer for us to get in.  Truth be told, the odds really aren’t that good, so we’ll take all the help we can get.

Then cross your fingers, rub your rabbits foot, and yell “NO WHAMMY!” or whatever you think may help.

I’ll let you know the verdict on August 17th.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! I'll think good, marathon-related thoughts for you on the 17th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go YOU! :) That's awesome!!! My friend has just registered for her first marathon. In my mind, I'm an awesome marathon runner.... in my body, more like a senior citizen ;)

    nice to 'meet' you today!

    Melanie
    ~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train