Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things you might have or know someone who does that I am looking for, and other hodge podge

First, the hodge podge.

Lois is finally blooming.  You can see her via the link on the left.  The one that says Lois, people.  She is a corpse flower.  When she blooms, she will smell like a corpse.  Hence the name?

The Tour ends this weekend.  Big sad face.

Marathon registration is next week.  Pray we get in.  Pray until August because that’s when we find out.  K, thanks.

Now,  I am looking for the following: 

1.  Picture frames.  I have, oh, maybe 10 pieces I need to frame and hang but I am too picky about the frames.  I don’t want to go to hobby lobby or Michael’s and buy a plain Jane frame for what I think is too much money.  I went to THE resale shop in Houston (The as in the best as in there are none better) last weekend to find some I can paint, searched through hundreds of frames, and didn’t find any- if I liked it, it wasn’t the right size.  Anyone loyal to a frame place and want to share?  Anyone have some in their place they want to give me?  No?  Ok

2.  A test tube rack.  For cheap.  Not kidding.  Anyone have one in their closet?  No?  Too weird? 

3.  A new, stupendous, rockin’ Pandora station.

4.  Book recommendashe.  Devin will cringe now.  I get books in the mail probably once a week, and have plenty to read.  But I am always looking for new ones, so there.

5.  An iPod hooker upper to the car- that plays through your radio.  Mine broke last night.  So sad.  Anyone have a great one that they recommend??

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I can help with 1 and 2 (except maybe Will knows a place to buy scientific equipment). And I am on a search for 3 as we speak. But...

    4. I just read What to Eat by Marion Nestle and loved it. I want to read her other book Food Politics and Real Food by Nina Planck has been recommended. Sensing a theme? Also have you read Born to Run yet? Read that first.

    5. We have the old school tape player to iPhone contraption and it works better than anything else we have ever had. Assuming your car still has a cassette player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 3 the Michael Buble Station is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't read EAT PRAY LOVE, you totally should!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train