Monday, June 1, 2009

...and Then There Were Four

I wonder what made me think that sponsoring one child from India would fulfill my desire to serve the children of poverty. Devin and I discussed our financial situation on Sunday and decided we just weren't giving enough. So, we opted to sponsor 3 more children from India via Compassion International. We are elated to be a part of their lives and cannot wait to hear from them.

Nepal Munda Kishun is a healthy 7 year old boy who has patiently waited for a sponsor since December 2007, if not longer (I'm basing it on when their info was last updated). He lives with his mother and father, who are both farmers when there is work, in Ranchi. His chores include collecting firewood as his community's greatest need is electricity.

Budra Khillo is a healthy boy who just hit the 6 year old milestone on May 17th. He lives with his mother and father and loves to play marbles and other games. His family lives in Bhubaneshwar, which is pretty close to where Lisa and her family live. Budra has been waiting since November of 2007 for a sponsor.

Navina Kothli is our 10 year old girl. She has been waiting since December of 2007 for a sponsor. You should see her draped in such beautiful colors (I promise to get pictures scanned in of all 4 of our cheerun, as the women I work with would say). She loves to play house, naturally, as any 10 year old girl does. I can just imagine her enacting the motherly duties she is already observing in her community. These children take on great responsibility at very young ages. She lives with her mother and father in the same community as Budra! Actually, because they are now sponsored, they will actually hear about Jesus at the same Bible School! I hope they become friends and show our pictures to each other. I really hope that connection is made.

1 comment:

Hop on the love train