Monday, June 1, 2009

Do You Mooch?


Devin has a lot of bikes, but I also have a lot of books (a great gift for me would be a book shelf...hint hint?). I usually have this really odd attachment to books after I have read them, like if I get rid of them, I will all of the sudden want to recall what the woman said on page 97. I usually say I am trying to start my personal library, but who am I kidding? I don't even own a book shelf (2nd hint)! Anyway, I also have a tendency to buy books I want to read at a much faster rate than I read them, which can be fairly expensive. You may be thinking, "I want the 30 seconds of my life that I've wasted reading this post back", but, hear me out. I found a site to solve all of my book hoarding problems. Book Mooch. You can get rid of books and gain more just as quickly, all you pay is postage to send them, and if you do need to go back and look at page 97, you can always mooch the book back. Done and Done. Now go sign up so I can mooch some of your books and put them on my invisible book shelf (hint 3).

Question: What is your favorite book? Who is your favorite author? I need new books.

*I posted the Very Hungry Caterpillar not because it is my favorite book (I've never read it), but because if I had to guess, I would bet he was a book worm. Kstan, could you confirm my theory?

4 comments:

  1. He was in a way a book worm but more of a food worm. He ate his way through over 15 different foods in 7 days. That is why I love him- because he loves sausage and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ann Patchett and Anne Tyler both --- both very simple writers that get right to the heart of everything. My favorites are Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler and ... Patron Saint of Liars by Patchett. But all of their works are great. What books do you read? If your hints don't work, Ikea Billy bookcases are SO cheap and hold books excellently (said someone much older than you who has lots and lots of books).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that Very Hungry Caterpillar book!! Did you know it has sold 30 million copies since it was published in 1969?
    I/we only have the pocket sized version, but I remember reading it a lot, maybe Devin does...
    If you have the standard sized version maybe we can work a trade:)
    Surely there is a bookcase just waiting for you to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristan, my friend in NYC, actually works for a company that bought the rights to The Very Hungry Caterpillar to build up the brand into other avenues. So, we could probably get our hands on a 7 foot stuffed caterpillar...or just the standard book.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train