Friday, June 5, 2009

Mudbugs and beer

Zach came over Tuesday night. Seriously, is that not enough for this post? Look at him on Alex's new bike, looking so jolly. You should have seen him coming down the parking garage ramp. That bike has some bounce, I'll tell you what!

Zach left for DC Thursday to start his internship. He came down to hang out with us for the last time this summer (didn't summer just start?) and to pick up Alex's bike. Al, you are gonna love it. You have to send pictures of you dressed for work on it a la this.

Zach, Devin and I rode bikes to Rajun Cajun to have some mud bugs and beer. When we got there, I guess Zach was pretty hungry as he grabbed about 64 packs of saltine crackers to take to the table. The bets were on. Zach and Devin raced to see who could eat 6 crackers in one minute. I, of course, kept time (growing up with boys means that I am not stupid when it comes to these things. I know they had me keep time so I couldn't play with them)...

The Showdown...look how intimidating they are


Mid Race...


I didn't get a shot of the finish as it was pretty boring, but, it was messy. Also, to get back at them for not letting me play, I took big swigs of each of their beer while they went to get the food. TAKE THAT!!!

We'll miss you, Z. Make us proud!!!


3 comments:

  1. What is a mud bug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie, I'm sure your brother Zach is busy working, but if he needs a friend in the area, Matt & I are in Germantown, MD for the summer (about 30 mins NW from the Nat'l mall). Matt's email is cycleguy2300@yahoo.com if he wants to get in touch.

    Your blog is so sweet, it's nice to read about y'all's adventures together :).

    Take care,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train