Tuesday, January 19, 2010

EP5k 2010

I ran the EP5K on Sunday.

It’s the fun run that goes on during the Chevron Houston Marathon and the Aramco Half.

morning buildings

It was early.  The sun came up just before the start.

dancing warm up

Warm up dance

Pre race

I sent this picture to my dad after the race.  He replied, “Cool, but you look homeless”

Thanks?

waving

I’m a dork

dog stroller

Then again, I’m not the one who was completely obsessed with the dog stroller.

running second half

running second half two

medal

My finisher’s medal

I beat my December 5K time by almost a minute, and that includes weaving in and out of slower runners/walkers (I didn’t experience this at my first 5K -only about 40 people ran in that one)

By the time we left, DC was saying, “We’re doing the full next year, get ready” and I’m all, “No, YOU get ready” and he’s all…never mind

6 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! Pictures are Beautiful! I'm ready...! But, I will need some of those sexy running pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that stride!! Very long and graceful! You look great. I love the pink warm up shirt. You make your coach very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on beating your time that is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on finishing and beating your time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I wish I was a runner. I have tried and tried and tried to get into it but my heart is not with it. I'm more of a hiking long distances kind of girl. And I laughed out loud and read your Dad's comment to my husband :)

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train