Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday….you, again.

This is a big week, but I don’t have much for today.

My 4 college friends and I spent the day together on Saturday.  It was the best day I’ve had with some girls in a while.  It’s such a good, secure feeling when you don’t see your girlfriends for months, & when you do, everything is honest and like nothing has changed between you.  So much emotion and laughing and pain and happiness and it is just good to know I have friends that you can for-real depend on.  Friends that physically hurt with you when life is sucking.  Friends you can make fun of and know they won’t be all drama freak about it.  Not that I make fun of my friends.  Or something.  I love those girls.

So, pictures of that to come.

Tonight is the first meeting of the book club my friends and I started.  We’re all bringing a list of books we want to read and we’ll probably wrestle or something to decide which book is first.  I haven’t made my list yet.  Anyway, it should be chaos.  Wild, crazy, book chaos.  I’m excited.

So, pictures of that to come.

2 big days this week…lots of partying.  lots of eating.  lots of celebrating.  lots of baking.

So, pictures of those to come.

Today (in about an hour) I am starting my new running plan custom made by myself and Kstan.  This one will train me for my first 10K in March and the best thing about this is DC will be running it with me so I won’t have to try to talk to strangers while I run only for them to slow down so they don’t have to run next to me.

So, pictures of that to come.  Wait, no…I don’t and won’t have pictures of that.  But I could keep you updated if you want.  Or if you want to do it too, I could email you the running plan.

Basically, I have a lot to cover and need to get on the freakin’ ball.

I’ll leave you with this on this dreadful Monday:  Friday DC and I ran 4 miles after work.  By the time we were done, we were so hungry it was dangerous.  I believe DC said, “I am not going to talk because I am so hungry and I might start a fight”.  Is that only hilarious to me?  Anyway, we went to one of my favorites: Ruggles Cafe (I also love Ruggles and Ruggles Green for future reference).  I told him to pick the dessert and bring it back to the table.  This is what he came back with.

dessert I know.

Totally inappropriate.

We brought the cookie home and then I lost it.  Don’t ask questions; it was a long weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your running plan! And birthdays! And Devin's comment is hysterical to me as well because you know the role food and being hungry play in my fights with Will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is that when we decided to take the cookie home, Devin said something like, "So, should we set some rules about this cookie now? I don't want you to pull a Kstan on me". This is all while I was texting you about my toes, but I forgot to tell you. Then I lost the cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new running plan and what a shame to loose a cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I lived closer. I would love to run with you guys. :( I'm trying to ready myself for this "wild, crazy book chaos!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous about your book club. Let me know what books you decide to read. Hope its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa! Tonight, Benjy's in the village at 6-ish! Tonight is our first meeting; Allie will be there

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness those desserts look delicious! I'm sad I didn't get to see you over my break but you should visit me at the dentist office in Houston tomorrow :D
    -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha I can't believe my food fights are sparking their own language. I love it!!! But how does one lose a cookie?

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train