Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday hogwash

I don’t have a lot going on…so…some random goods for you:

My favorite patient ever wrote a book about his brain injury and his publisher has asked me to write a bit about him and how he changed my life.  Pretty excited.  The book will be out in March and I’ll be sure to link you to where you can purchase it, but for now, you can check out his blog here (I would start in Feb 2008) and the videos here  and here for part two.  And don’t miss my favorite one here.  I came by right after it happened.  Very exciting.  The first 2 videos were made in September.  I saw John after they were made and he was EVEN better.  God is good.

I am running the EP5K this Sunday within the Houston Marathon.  The weather is supposed to be 60s and sunny.  Talkin’ to me!

Just to show my worth at work, I got my birthday card from the department and this was a message inside:

Arlene,

Happy birthday to a great person.  Love you!

Just for the record, my name is not Arlene.

If you haven’t given to Haiti yet, please do so. 

We tried Cedar Creek Cafe for the first time last night with my mom and brother, Zach.  SO good.  DC talked about how it was the most glorious meal ever for hours.  Including this morning.  Dinner was bittersweet though.  Zach, our best friend and brother, is moving to Washington, D.C.  We are so sad but we are so proud too.

2 comments:

  1. Patty and I love you even if people call you names....and if you were my Shop Managerette, I would always remember you on your birthday..is it Stephanie with a ph or an f??????? MTC

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train