Monday, May 10, 2010

I cannot take good pictures when it counts / DC's track race that he rocked the face off of.

IMG_4191
On Friday nights, DC races his track bike at the Velodrome aka the human skillet.
velodrome
The Velodrome is a 333 meter track with 33 degree angled turns and 8 degree angled straights.
I'm sure I got at least one part of that wrong.
DC killed it on Friday. The man is fast.
D
D first
That's him in the front...
D sunshine
Then he hits his gas pedal
D alone
and at this point, I'm yelling at him telling him he's so far ahead that he can, like, stop for a snack or something.
If he heard everything I yelled at him at bike races, he wouldn't allow me to come anymore. Pretty sure.
Devin
Helmet hair. Love.
lots blury
When the sun went down, I couldn't get my camera settings right, and I ended up with about 321 pictures just like this
D blury
and this.
Someone help me.
DC ended up 2nd overall in his category! He won us some money that paid for a really classy dinner [Insert thick layer of sarcasm here] later that night before we headed up to the lake house.
So if anyone wants to come out and support...or keep me company, this is where we'll be most Friday nights
big view blury


3 comments:

  1. Fun and Awesome! Yeah, I think that poor skinny boy needs to eat a cheeseburger or maybe just anything..but then again, I guess cyclists are pretty slim (the one you took a pic of, NOT Devin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Devin!! Woohoo!! I can't even imagine racing around that thing. That is awesome. Not awesome- rat tails and young kids who don't know how to race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you won't be at the track this friday...my helmet hair will blow your mind! You two should find a reason to be in Dallas area on a Friday night this summer so you can experience the superdome--wooden track so less skillet-ish and--gasp--shaded spectator areas in the infield!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train