Thursday, May 6, 2010

WARRIOR DASH

3.5 miles

14 obstacles

mud. clay. more mud. more clay. mud where there shouldn’t be mud. more clay.

warriors We’re hard core.  It’s not a big deal.

Who knew it was so hard to fold a bandana without looking like a nurse maid?

Shout out to J Money for the stealth glasses.  We really needed them for the wind tunnel tornado machine that I was so worried about.  Wait.

Here were some parts of the course.  I had to snag some pics from some friends and the race photographers because like heck I was taking my camera on this run.

mud

 fire shot

Rhonda jumping

Do you understand how hard I laugh every time I see RDB hoppin those flames?  She was so nervous about it.  Rightly so. 

 me jumping

beast.

and this is how we looked after…

me and rdb

special.

It’s pretty much impossible to look good/skinny/pretty/attractive/decent/nonmanly/not gross after a race like this.

RDB and I beat DC’s friend, Eric, by a landslide.  A 9 minute landslide.  Don’t feel sorry for him though, I’ve promised to train him for next year.

Post race we grabbed some grub and a seat on the lawn

 savage 2 savage

Turkey leg = delicious in my mouth.  But really, I just look like a warrior savage.  Which is kinda cool but mostly gross.

The costumes via creepster phone pics…

hansel

Hansel?

hulk

Hulk

betty

“Run like Betty White”

sun

Best race ever with my best girl.

Turns out we didn’t need goggles…or a pole vaulting pole like I thought

But next year we’re wearing capes.

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. You are a machine! A sexy, hardcore machine. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for all of the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, how bad would it be to be "that girl that fell in the fire".....

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah! crazy flames! but looks like so much fun and an amazing day:)
    xx
    mel

    peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train