Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why is it that when I tried to title this post, all I could think of were George Strait Lyrics about divorce?

Today, my world slipped away.

Once upon a time, I was a single wild stallion (as Devin described me) and Devin had a big fat crush on me.  My blog, my version.  Anyway, his like turned to love but not without the key 3rd factor in our relationship.  Wait, God is our 3rd factor.  Ok, his like turned to love but not without the key 4th factor in our relationship.  Cafe Agora.



Cafe Agora is a 2 story house turned coffee shop Greek mythology wonderland located in the heart of Montrose.  They serve the. best. coffee in the. best. coffee mugs and they let me drop a quarter in the juke box until the sun comes up.  Devin and I spent many a night when we were dating at Cafe Agora asking questions, talking about life, and in my case, trying to talk myself out of how much I loved him.  I'm a sucker for a man who buys my coffee and doesn't mind a few bad dance moves.

Agora holds such a precious place in my heart.  The place I fell in love with my man.  The place I learned so much about him.  The place we took OV06 after the rodeo.  The place we met to plan our engagement pictures.  The place that apparently lit one too many candles.

On Sunday night, Agora went up in flames. 


I feel like my coffee lovin' heart was ripped out of my chest and danced on.  First the very place Devin dropped to one knee and asked me to be his wife was hit and destroyed by Hurricane Ike and now our Max is a pile of ashes.

Pray for our marriage as the signs don't seem to be in our favor, but also (& slightly more important), pray for me to find a new favorite coffee place that plays their music a little too loud and will serve me a cold beer between brews.

4 comments:

  1. The fire started at the antique shop next door and spread to Agora. Hopefully they can rebuild. Mai's should be reopening soon, maybe they can too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much about the 'omen'...you should ask my parents about how many places they've celebrated anniversaries at have caught fire--restaurants, even a cruise ship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next thing you know you'll be allergic to your wedding rings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sad :(

    their coffee was a-stinking-mazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train