Friday, December 31, 2010

*2010*

Devin rang in the New Year with mono.
I broke my tailbone in Aspen.  Wow this list is not started out so well.

Starting over.

2010!

We rang in the New Year with some new friends

Then we went to Aspen/Snowmass with them where I snowboarded for the first time!
I mean, that's pretty much the epitome of hard core.

Devin ran his first race ever and was hooked
We planted our first little garden
and I got my first road bike!

Trek steel frame awesomeness
 Something I wrote was published
We camped over Easter to celebrate our first anniversary


and Rhonda and I dominated the Warrior Dash

ruthless. also...flattering.

Devin killed it in track racing
I ran my first marathon relay
 I started writing letters to my husband
and we had a big fat fish fry at the lake house to celebrate our Independence
Then we signed up for the Houston Marathon
And blast.  We got in.
We kayaked the bayou
and hosted our first lake house party


Devin placed in, like, every event at the Track State Championship thing


We cooked and baked lots of delicious things we've never tried before
in fact, I fell in love with cooking.  It's my therapist.
and we hit up Greek Fest, the Jellie wedding, and I went to my first Cowboys game ever


We organized a huge camping trip with tons of friends
ran our first half marathon (ugh)
and I went to my first cookie exchange.
We found a million ways to give to the needy this Christmas
volunteered at Lifehouse Houston
and are thankful for an awesome year.
Cheers to 2011.  
May it bring many changes, 
growth, 
new places,
new people, 
new loves,
and many many memories.

Ok.  So.  Anything you're shootin' to do/change in 2011?  Let's hear em.

2 comments:

  1. Love those glasses! Starting the year off with a 30 day raw cleanse and then just hoping that 2011 allows me to get more awesomer each and every day. Hoping to also get the word *awesomer* added to the dictionary as well...so there's that. :) Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great year...hey I started a letter to my husband too...just cause you and em at today's letters inspire me. Gotta love the www for friends across the world and nation.
    Have an adventurous 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train