Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Hubbub, in list format, of course.

1. Between today and Sunday night, I / we have 4 Christmas parties to go to.  A cookie exchange, a Mexican feast a la Darnell, a tacky Christmas sweater party / light tour, and a church white elephant.  That's a lot of holiday outfits to put together.  More importantly, that's a lot of eating which I happen to be a man professional at.

2.  I was making cookies this morning at 6:30am.  I'm okay with this because our dinner last night with Dr. Huff was the bees knees.

3.  After deep thought and discussion, Devin and I have decided that we do, in fact, desperately need a vacation.

4.  Have you finished your Christmas shopping?  I haven't, so I am taking a day off Friday to finish.  Naturally, I will need my mother's assistance.  None of this makes sense to my husband.

5.  School of Rock is my favorite movie*.  I quote it at least a few times a week.  My baby brother does the best Jack Black dancing (from that movie).  I'll work on getting you a clip of that over the holidays.

6.  Devin says his favorite movie is Gladiator.  I think it's really You've Got Mail.  Sort of like Rachel.  This is my favorite episode ever.  Ever.**

7.  My baby brother also just got JUNIOR FRIGGIN EDITOR on a new History Channel show!!!

8.  My excitement to see this movie makes me cry when I watch the trailer.  It's entirely pathetic.

9.  I also want to see this.  If you're thinking, "Sweet Moses, who is singing?!", I am thinking the same thing.

10.  The Texans are at work signing autographs today.  Neat.

11.  We have 7 weeks until the marathon and oh, all of the sudden, my knee decides you know I don't really care for this, so, uh, I'm bailing.  Hoping that will recover, like, now.  I'm also having weird cramping up around my lungs.  And blue hands post run ( am talking THIS BLUE) which Dr. Huff did not seem to be concerned with.  Like, not at all.

12.  Um, watch this.  I want to cuddle her and then have her tell me a story.  That's not creepy, right?


*Obvi I can't actually say this is my favorite movie because I don't think anyone really has a favorite movie.  It's not like you can pick just one.
** duh.

5 comments:

  1. I'd leave a better comment, but I'm suffering from "Stick-it-to-da-man-neosis."

    Forgive me, but I had to get a School of Rock quote in there =)

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the knee feels better soon!

    and

    LOVE

    your header :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 - I relate in an almost scary way..
    #9 - freakin' heck yes
    #11 - it's cold outside?

    ReplyDelete
  4. most summer campers call drew "schnebly" and his closet favorite movie is you've got mail. oh, and the school of rock theme song is definitely on the running place list (sorry about your knees homie).

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 Glad you guys had time to see Dr. H!
    #7 YAY Zach!!
    # 11 hope and pray the knee recovers soon!
    # 12 LOVE LOVE LOVE this Darling little girl. Wonder how old she is.....but at any age she is very gifted. Call me so I can come hear her tell you a story:) !

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train