Friday, December 10, 2010

Ze Exchange o de Cookies

I went to my first cookie exchange this week!  
I had great plans to bake the cookies Tuesday night and make them perfect like Martha...but then we made dinner plans with Devin's friend and drank wine and stayed up late and then I'm all forget the freakin' cookies.  
I woke up and baked before the rooster even crowed.
We don't have a rooster.  
Oh but my great grandma did in her backyard and when we went over there we would have to sprint to the trampoline so the rooster wouldn't peck our ankles and the bull dogs wouldnt tackle us.  That rooster was as tall as I was.  
Kind of makes me want one.
What in sam hill was I saying?
Cookies.  
It amazes me how some of these posts progress.  
Cookies to roosters.  I need medical help.  And a rooster for Christmas.

So my first cookie exchange! 


The goods.  Check out that spread!  Someone explain a cookie exchange to me...because we got there and oo-ed over the cookies and then we were kind of like...so what do we do?


Amy made the prettiest cookies.  And they were so good!  And she doesn't even like them. 
Makes total sense.


I brought a couple of each home to my bottomless pit of a man.  His favorite were the cranberry pecan shortbread...which happened to be mine.

So now I have baking fever.  If anyone has any ohmygoshsogood cookie recipes, send them my way!

4 comments:

  1. I love cookie exchanges but I am always too busy to get it together...next year perhaps. Cranberry pecan shortbread sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you save me a cp shortbread? ;-) I don't know how, but I ran across this goldmine of a site: http://mingmakescupcakes.yolasite.com/. She doesn't have but 2 cookie recipes, but girl - check out those cupcakes. Oh Em Geeeeeee! <3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a cookie exchange on Tuesday. So excited! Never done it before. Looks like a great time, and those cookies look delic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puh-leeze, Stephanie, they are Betty Crocker. Also, the recipe is on the back of the sugar cookie bag. I did however make them years before they started putting it on the bag for everyone to know my secrets.. promise. And I have a great cookie recipe a lady made at work the other day. I'll send it to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train