Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ze meatballs

When Chad and Shane came to ride bikes with the herzbin while we stayed at the Days', I played house and cooked up a hearty lunch.  And then I forgot to take pictures as I went and then the boys got home and I forgot to take pictures after they assembled their meals and this is all I got.   



So you just make meatballs...meat, bread crumbs, milk, spices, mix with hands, make balls.
That's what she said.

And then you saute some onion and garlic and brown the meatballs, then pour a full jar of sauce on top and let it simmer for 20 minutes.

Then put provolone cheese on a small roll (like sliders), add some meatballs, and voila.  I served it with a red onion/blue cheese/ bacon on Italian mix salad.

It's fairly light but I think you could make it even lighter (think wheat rolls, low fat cheese, and even ground turkey).

All 3 boys went for 2nds, so, I mean...
 
Check out her full recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. And the best part about the meataball sandwiches is that there's no rules! Well, you're not allowed to use your hands to tear the cheese, but other than that, no rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: Make sure to eat carefully as to avoid sauce drippage on to clothes. Cough-Devin-Cough.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train