Thursday, March 25, 2010

High above the chimney top; that's where you'll find me

I am all over the place in my head this morning.  So much I'm thinking about, and none of it is really blog material.

We've got a good new recipe we're trying tonight.  We're going to make it lighter than it says to, and I'll post it tomorrow

Rent and Wicked are both coming to Houston this summer.  So. excited. to maybe see one or both.  My Pandora is on my Rent station, and if you like the show Glee, you should tune in; they play all of their songs, too.  They also play Lion King songs.  And all the girly Disney songs that I don't know but my husband and Will Dietz know every word to.  Including dialogue.

My dad got us opening day tickets to the Astros.  2 rows above their dugout.  The day after our one year anniversary.  The day after we get back from a stellar weekend away.  DC doesn't know where we're going.  I'm taking opening day off to prepare my head for the game.  By that I mean sleep in, clean up camping stuff (he knew that part), go for a run or a bike ride, meet my parents early, have a good beer ready for DC when he meets up with us.

Everyone is having a spring sale.  Lucy, Banana Republic, Gap, New Balance, Nine West, Nike...just some of the emails I got this morning.  Don't pay full price for things.  So silly.  I need new clothes.  Don't you roll your eyes, Devin Michael.  The spring colors make me want to throw away everything I have.  I tend to fill up an online basket with completely reasonable purchases and then x out of it when I can't find a free shipping code.  Someone who is addicted to shopping and easily charges things on their credit card, please come help me.  Wait...

Every day I get off of the train and everyone who rode with me jumps off of the ramp into the middle of the street just so they don't have to walk an extra 20 feet to the crosswalk.  One day, 10 cops stood on the other side and gave them all tickets.  But they still do it.  Yesterday I was driving home in the rain.  2 lanes were stopped, but my left turn only lane was flying.  By flying I mean 20 mph or so.  A woman jaywalked through the 2 stopped lanes and stepped right in front of my car.  I slammed on the brakes, she froze, and it ended way too close for comfort.  I haven't stopped thinking about that lady and how me going 5 mph faster could have affected both of us for life.  Follow the rules so people don't get hurt.  Crosswalks are at every block.  Don't be lazy.  There's your public service announcement.

I am seriously loving (still) Lisa's stuff.  But there are some look alikes on etsy.  Love the owls.  and birds.  and hearts.  I love all 3 of those.

We're looking for a writing desk for our bike room / study.  Think rustic, vintage, quaint, think THIS!!!  If you find one somewhere, send it my way.  Hopefully we can get that room in some sort of order eventually.  Anyone have a knack for meticulous organization?  I'll hire you.  And pay you with wine or beer.  Or free bike maintenance.  I'm organized, but I didn't know what was coming when I said yes to a man with so many bikes, bike tools, bike clothes, bike shoes.

Anyone who is dating a cyclist, please talk with me prior to further commitment, so I can coach/prepare/medicate you.

The Bayou City Art Festival is this weekend.  The weather should be gorgeous.  We're planning to put our herbs outside for some good sun this weekend.  Everything has sprouted except our peppers.  The ones I was most excited for.

Do you Groupon?  Good stuff.  Tempting stuff.

Happy Thursday, Party People.

2 comments:

  1. Silly girls...

    Once y'all have your house and Devin gets his Man Cave (read garage) then you won't even know all the cycling stuff is there.

    You like the bike room, admit it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By man cave you mean place I plan to park my car?

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train