Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring has sprung and #21 is done

This weekend, DC and I ran the Bayou City Classic.  It was DC's first running race eva eva eva and my first 10k.  Mark #21 completely off of my list.  Amazing!  When I made that list in October, I was totally kidding about the 10k.  Do you understand that I started running in October and in the first days could not run more than 2 minutes at a time?  If I can do it, anyone can, I promise you.

What's next?  DC has signed us up for Tour de Houston next weekend.

Ay caramba.

After the race, DC and I hit the local farmer's markets as we do every Saturday.  The produce was abundant and there were plenty of new delish things to buy.  So exciting to have Spring back.

One of the booths had fresh cut flowers.  DC bought me some.  Swoon.


I finally doctored my orchid enough for her to stop being dramatic and start growing


The Hen and Chicks are just busy being awesome


I love me some cacti.  Especially these.  I like to pull their petals off and squish them.

Maybe I should leave that part out.

Last but certainly not least, my exotic possibly not supposed to have it in the states plant is totally digging this weather


I stay up until midnight every night to make sure I don't miss her blooming.  Going on 3 years now.

Wait.

Hopefully we will get to plant our organic herbs and veggies this week.  I got a great resource for planting everything we wanted in an apartment atmosphere.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Im anxious to see if the apartment garden works for ya... I want one to! :) we've been lookin into so hopefully all goes well. I love your pretty plants!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train