Monday, March 29, 2010

Hot Off The Press!

Back in October, on my list I said that I wanted to write something for publication.

I was 110% sure it would be one of the few I wouldn't actually do.

I was way wrong!  I guess it shows what God will do with you if you let him.

One of my patients from 2008 asked me to contribute to his book, and it was released last week!

You can find it here


John took his motorcycle out for a ride around the block one Sunday afternoon when he was hit by a car and flew 150 feet over 4 lanes of traffic.  His youngest son was 4 months old when he crashed.  His family had to rent an apartment in Houston and take turns traveling from McAllen, TX to take care of him.  And then, just in time, because God is rarely early, but he is always on time, John woke up in the The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research...almost a year after I had met his family.  When he was admitted into the Neuro ICU at the hospital I work at, everyone was sure he wouldn't make it.  Including me.

I highly highly HIGHLY recommend getting a copy of his book.  His story will change your life.  If you're interested, you can email the following ladies for ordering information:



I meant every word that I wrote.  Meeting John's family and observing their consistent faithfulness was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced.  If you aren't one bit moved by his story, if it doesn't make you re-evaluate your life priorities, or if you aren't desiring to stand on the same foundation they're on, I'll pay you back for your book.  I don't get anything from you buying his book, but you will.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww congrats!! That is so awesome!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just awesome! Yayyy for another number off your list. Keep up the good work! You totally rock!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train