Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The bike is finito!

Check out this fox.


New bar tape, old shifters that DC fixed, new (to me) stem DC snagged from the local bike shop mechanic for a mere $10


new silver brake cables, same brakes from when we bought it


New white Specialized saddle.  The same one I have on my commuter bike


and new Specialized tires that DC says won't pop...I think that's sort of like when his dad told me there weren't snakes in the water at the lake house...and then that night he was killing an anaconda in the back yard.

 

DC spent his entire Sunday afternoon building her while I was in The Woodlands running a muck with my roommate from college (you can watch her inform the Amarillo, Texas population here).

Thank you for my bike, DC!

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to the blog post about the first time Devin puts you on clipless pedals....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad I look forward to the day you marry a nice, pretty girl and you call me for tips on how to convince her that eleventy billion bikes in the house is okay. I'll be there for you, kiddo.

    Clipless pedals. Lord love a duck that will be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No really, clipless pedals are easier than you think, I promise. Also, a blog post on the anaconda killing, please (!?!!).

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train