Friday, March 19, 2010

Rice and Raisins! Who woulda thunk it?!

When DC and I did our 10k last Saturday, we sprinted across the finish line and immediately bee-lined it to the vendor tents.  We got our tshirts, some breakfast tacos, apples, water, and some Mojo bars.  The thing was, I had just run 6.2 miles and I didn't want any of that except water.  Until we went by the Minute rice tent and sampled this gloriously amazing post-race / post-work out snack.


So, start with some brown rice.  You can definitely use instant, and just follow the directions on the box.




BUT!  When it says to boil the water, instead of water, you are going to use apple juice.


This! just! got! interesting!  (Name the show?  Seriously name the show because I can't think of it)





When it's done, mix it up with some raisins



Drizzle some honey on it and eat.


Y'all seriously.  It's delicious.  Best post-workout snack EVA.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on the new bike... I love that it was "just because" aww I'm swoooning for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually sounds really good. It kinda reminds me of oatmeal, which is delish with raisins and honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought, nawwwwww... but after a few seconds of the idea permeating my brain... yeah, this sounds kinda good! Grocery day is comin' up... this is goin' on my list! Thanks for the recipe!

    Have a ♥ filled day!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train