Friday, October 1, 2010

20

peace

1.  It’s Friday.  Giddy up.

2.  On Monday I wrapped this Allie wedding favor around my head to feel a little groovy.  When I walked into the apartment, Devin told me I am a mess.  Then he put on his party glasses.  I love living with a boy.

3.  The patients I work with have been madder this week than they have been in a long time.  Things are not stable where I work.  It’s a pretty emotionally draining job that I have, and I have yet to mentally deal with some of the names I have been called this week, some of the sad things I see, and the man who thought it was a good idea to tackle me on the train and then follow me off of it.

4.  Our half marathon is November 20th.  I think we’ll be more than ready.

5.  I have a hair appointment today.  I always schedule it with Patty at 5:30 on Friday so that she will serve me a margarita or two and let me gripe about my week.

6.  Hair dressers, I think, could coast through psychiatry school.  Or just charge extra for the advice they give.

7.  When I told DC I was going to get Zoe Deschanel bangs, he cringed and acted like he would miss my forehead.  This coming from the guy who suggested I bring the bangs back.  What do you want from me?!

8.  Thanks to the people who asked where the blog has been.

9.  I’m in a funny place right now

10.  I love my husband and I am so glad he handles me well.  I really am an unpredictable mess 98% of the time, and that can, I would imagine, be hard to adjust to.

11.  Last night we had some friends over to watch the Aggies get beat in the last millisecond and a few of the girls told me they loved our place and that it was so homey; not apartment like at all.  The day we moved in I told DC, “I want this to feel homey”.  That was such a refreshing thing to hear.

12.  I am missing my brothers

13.  I saw that Austin has a program at Town Lake on Saturdays where you can “rent” a dog for your morning run.  The dogs are shelter dogs that need some exercise.  They set up a booth at the lake, and you just sign one out and return it when you are done with your run.  Brilliant.  Reason 239274 why we would be elated to be in Austin.  Someone please tell me Houston has this too.

14.  I love October.  And November.  And December.

15.  I am going to start a new book this weekend and hope it is one I can’t put down.

16.  The other day Devin listed all of the “career moves” he has heard me say I would LOVE to do.  These included, but are not limited to being Minnie Mouse at Disney World, being on the Houston SWAT team, being a Zookeeper, Preschool teacher, Dog Walker, Back up dancer for Britney, Navy Seal, and a mom. 

17.  I think school sounds good.  I’d like to be a student.

18.  My mother in law is going to make a cherry pie sometime soon due to my craving slash the lack of cherry pie in holiday menus.  She rules.

19.  I painted this week and it was so good for me.  Therapeutic almost.  I told Devin I want to pain more, but like, not to be good at it.  What does that even mean?

20.  Our weekend plans: disappear.  MUAHAHA.

1 comment:

  1. This is the most intense list I've read in a long time.

    Ummm... why were you tackled?

    And, I'm loving your possible career list. They are all so similar.

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train