Friday, June 25, 2010

An early morning email

Huz,

I want you to know that while brushing my teeth, the most ginormous cockroach crawled out of my sink drain.  I take that back- I’m not so sure it was a cockroach.  It was kind of jelly-looking.  Sick me out dot com.  Anyway, I did what any brave wife home alone would do.  I screamed, grabbed some toilet paper, poured water on him to keep him slippery so he couldn't crawl out of the drain (duh), decided it wasn’t enough toilet paper because like heck I was going to feel that thing crunch between my fingers, kept screaming (but more like ohhhhHHHHH!  not so much AHHHH!), got more toilet paper, and then I lost all courage and I sprayed him with bleach cleaner until he arched his back in pain (about 12 sprays- probably one of the freakiest things I’ve ever seen and I work in a dadgum hospital where they pop off dead toes with pliers.  Too much?) and ran back down the drain.  Then I sprayed bleach in the drain.  Then I closed the drains.
That'll show him.

Be proud of me because I would normally put a cup over the bug until you got home.

Oh my gosh why didn’t I just do that?

Wife

1 comment:

  1. haha heeelarious! this happened at our apt not too long ago. it escaped into its hole so i quickly called our management service # and gave them a panicked description of a cockroach the size of my hand. my huz laughed and said i was exaggerating, but i'm pretty sure it was...

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train