Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mush brain Tuesday?

I’ve tried today and I cannot seem to compose a legit blog post.  Perhaps it’s the fact that my jaw feels like I got clocked in the middle of the night.  I think I slept funny, but odds are I did get clocked since I sleep with a man who turns into a Japanese circus performer in his sleep.

So…Monday continued.

Devin and I have a love triangle going on.  The other lady is a big ole chubby seedless watermelon.  It’s a dangerous affair because it seems as though when either of us are eating it, we slip into a trans and cannot do anything but eat the watermelon.  We’ve discussed it and we think we could eat 2 full watermelons in a day.  Maybe 3.  Needless to say, we love summer when the fruit is aplenty.and we go through them like crazy.

Anyone eat at Chipotle?  Did you know their Chipotle Chicken Salad with red salsa, cheese, and vinaigrette has 720 calories and 41.5 grams of fat?  Salad does not always = healthy/best choice.  Might as well go get a big mac.

And while we’re on that, a Rockstar energy drink has as much sugar as 6 donuts.  Just sayin.

Still looking for pregnant mamas or just moms in general for some questions!  There’s no age limit on your kids- I wasn’t clear on that yesterday.  If you are 87 and don’t mind answering, I would love that.  I just need to pick your brain.  If you could answer about 10 questions for me, mostly about being pregnant, just click the link on the left to email me.  Much appreesh.

LPM Bible study starts today if anyone is interested in doing some learning this summer.

As I mentioned yesterday, I am on call for work 24 hours a day for 7 days.  To answer one question I got, they get my phone number because it is posted on the wall of all 1000 hospital rooms.  Yeah. 

Anyway, in discussing the Coke call I got the other night and the way that man treated me with some friends, we started talking about how people treat their servers at a restaurant.  I know this couldn’t possibly describe any of my blog readers though.  Have you ever been at a fun little restaurant and you get the sweetest college-aged girl who is just the most precious thing alive as your server?  She has blonde hair and the cutest smile and a down home southern accent and you just have a draw to be her best friend?  Then you hear a woman at the table next to you drilling her with ridiculous questions, being blatantly rude to her, complaining about her to management, demanding more iced tea, being extremely picky about the food and the way it came out and it’s not 100% exactly…precisely…to the T the way she wanted it?  I see it a lot and it drives me batty.  What in that woman’s right mind makes her think she can treat someone like that?  I will never understand.  I waited tables in college, and let me say this: what you say to / about your servers will stick with them.  I had a man tell me I was white trash and would never amount to anything.  I forgot the lemon for his water.  If you are that woman I described…I just hope you’re not.

Do not be selfish; do not try to impress others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself.  Phil 2:3

Moving on to hot dogs.  2 days until Devin and I have hot dogs and no one has told me what to put on them.  I am saddened by this and afraid for the concoction Devin will make up if I don’t have some suggestions for him.

Le tour starts July 3rd.  So, you know what we’ll be doing for the next month.

This just opened a block from our place.  Thank you sweet Jesus.

The Houston Astros are at work today seeing patients.  I may have to go find them; I have a few words for them.

4 comments:

  1. Here's a toppings list I found online for hot dogs, I'm sure it will work for turkey dogs too!

    1.California - guacamole, sprouts and sunflower seeds
    2.Chili – homemade chili, chopped red onions, shredded cheddar cheese and crushed Fritos
    3.Mexican – salsa, nacho cheese sauce and broken tortilla chips
    4.Italian – diced and sauteed potatoes, onions and red/green peppers
    5.Greek – diced sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and chopped pitted Kalamata olives
    6.Fruity – sliced peaches, chopped scallions and fruit chutney
    7.Caprese – a combination of diced fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and minced garlic, drizzled with a dash of olive oil
    8.Southwest – homemade corn relish and diced bacon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight after baby #2 I was on Weight Watchers. All restaurants were really easy to find stuff to eat at, except my beloved Chipotle. EVERYTHING there was 100 points, or so. Oh people being rude in general (well, to strangers ... I can be ... frank? to friends and family) makes me crazy. Rude to sales clerks? Even if they are rude to you, they are making $10 an hour, if that --- GIVE THEM A BREAK! White trash because of a lemon --- so, so hurtful. Anyway. We are loving watermelon, the Tour, and summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest a mexican hot dog or a hot dog with fresh salsa/pico de gallo, but I was beat to it. Or you can make it New York style- ketchup, mustard, onion sauce, and kraut. Maybe some relish. You know, the basics. Or you can try Will's favorite- a hot dog, wrapped in bacon, smothered with cheese. I think it is really healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I think Nikki covered it, but if you want any more ideas check out the CityEats menu:
    http://www.cityeatstexas.com/RESTAURANT_MENU.html

    They are new to KW and I hear they are fabulous!

    No rudeness to wait staff allowed!

    ReplyDelete

Hop on the love train